Latest and Upcoming Events
Second Annual Synod Day of Learning - September 25, 2021
Conversations and workshops will follow the theme of the year here in the Oregon Synod: Faithful in the Fray. This fall we will be looking at faithfulness as it applies to faith and racism. Workshops will be both morning and afternoon, and will include themes such as:
* anti-racist reading of the Bible
* facing the climate crisis with honesty and hope
* hidden stories from the margins and our own lives
* crafting new liturgies as sacred collective action
* how to have tough conversations in congregations
* honoring our grief around the history of racism
October 16, 9:00 to 11:00 Fall Oregon Trail Cluster Gathering!
Where: If the pandemic has abated, at Creator Lutheran. If not, on Zoom.
We will discuss having a hybrid option.
What: The agenda will include:
-Pastor Craig Johnson, our new dean, will share insights on how to listen to the community and discover possible partnerships
-The history behind the name “Oregon Trail,” as we consider a possible name change and what that would involve
-SE PDX Youth Collective video reflections on a retreat to the state capitol called "Making Real Change Week"
-Information about “Reckoning with Racism” - New sessions start this month.
-Takeaways and follow ups from the Synod Day of Learning.
-Breakout rooms on
1. Technology - Livestreaming, websites, online presence in general
2. Opportunities for ministry and mission during the pandemic. What has worked for congregations?
We’d love to have at least two people there from each of our 15 Oregon Trail faith communities!
Click here to register.
Synod Assembly 2022 - Save The Dates!
The 2022 Oregon Synod Assembly is scheduled to be held at Sunriver May 13th -May 15th. In person!